Lady Taxi Driver Says Business is Good in Jos.

A female taxi driver in Jos, Miss Lydia Wash, says that she is currently making appreciable profit driving the cab around the metropolis.
Wash, a beneficiary of the Plateau State Government’s mini-cab Transport Scheme has said in Jos that she was a firm believer on the adage that “what a man can do, a woman can also do”.  She said that the business of taxi driving was lucrative, because on a good day, she could make up to NGN 7,500.
Wash said, “On normal days, I also make about NGN 5,000 and smile home with my proceeds. The business is not that bad at all as I now have the capacity to support my younger ones in school.”
The lady cab driver disclosed that she was forced into driving the cab because of unemployment.
“I am a graduate of Sociology from the University of Jos and l have been roaming the streets without a job. When I heard that the government would give out taxis, I applied for one.  I have had my driver’s licence for the past 5 years.  I was lucky the government considered me, but initially I was shy of driving the cab by myself,” she said.
Wash said she initially gave out the taxi to one or two persons at different times, who were bringing in stipends of between NGN 1,000 and NGN 2,000 per day.   She said one day she was forced to withdraw money from her savings account to enable her to settle the NGN 7,200 weekly payment to the state government.
 “As from that day, I decided to be driving the cab by myself and I have no regrets that I have withdrawn the cab from them.  I have been receiving a lot of cooperation from my passengers and my colleagues, male taxi drivers, who allow me to pick passengers before them.”
She, however, said she often experiences challenges from female passengers, who, out of envy, often insisted on having their change to the last kobo unlike the men.
“This type of women usually join the cab without asking whether I have the change or not and I realise that they are just out to frustrate me.”
Wash called on other unemployed female graduates to look for a means of survival.
Loving this woman already, hope to join your cab one day and to all the ladies out there waiting for manna to fall from heaven, please emulate this.
Good luck miss Wash.
Share:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Contact Form

Followers

Get the body of your dreams

Get the body of your dreams
BodyArt Cosmetic surgery centre

FLY DORNIER AVIATION NIGERIA AIEP

Dapals Zone loves you!!! Thanks for stopping by.. !! X0X0

Dapals Zone loves you!!! Thanks for stopping by.. !! X0X0

Always! Forward ever

Always! Forward ever
Win a N100,000 Education Grant in the "Always Forward Ever" Writing Competition!

My Ad

For Ads Placement

To get more visibility for your Products and Service, place an ad on our blog and various social media platforms.

Contact Us:

Theme Support

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...